End-of-Life Care: Pamphlet Rack Resources
The following list contains recommended pamphlet resources identified for End-of-Life Care topics.
If you need assistance with accessing these resources, please contact Iowa Catholic Conference (515-243-6256; firstname.lastname@example.org)
A concise description of changes which take place as a person is dying.
Booklet is available from:
- Barbara Karnes, RN P.O. Box 822139 Vancouver, WA 98682
Catholic Health Association End of Life Guides
- End of Life Guides: Teachings of the Catholic Church Caring for People at the End of Life
- End of Life Guides: Advance Directives Expressing Your Health Care Wishes
Available as a printed brochure, in both English and Spanish.
An extensive library of resources from Abbey Press that provide a Catholic perspective of hope, help and healing.
Aging and End of Life
- #23107 Confronting the Fear of Aging
- #20692 Coping with Chronic Pain
- #21471 Facing Chronic Illness with Faith and Hope
- #21406 End of Life Concerns: A Guide for Families
- #23141 Including Your Family in Your Health Care Decisions
- #21444 What Everyone Should Know about Hospice
- #20655 Using Hospice Care When a Loved One is Terminally Ill
- #23179 Embracing Hospice: Living as Death Approaches
- #23003 What is Palliative Care –And When is it Called For?
- #23097 Using Palliative Care Well
- #23182 Facing the Fear of a Loved One’s Death
- #21982 Final Conversations with a Dying Loved One
- #21330 Making Funeral Arrangements in Advance
- #20639 Facing Cancer as a Family
- #20612 Hanging on to Hope through a Serious Illness
- #21262 Living with Cancer – a Day at a Time
- #20603 Finding God in Pain or Illness
- #23063 Holding Onto Faith in the Midst of Suffering
- #21204 Making Sense Out of Suffering
- #21934 Prayers of Comfort for Times of Illness
- #20714 Keeping Death Before Us: How Daily Dying Can Help Us Live More Fully
- #23157 Finding Inner Peace at the End of Life
Care Notes are available from:
- Abbey Press Publications (St. Meinard’s Archabbey)
We are also pleased to share with you an e-book on the topic of dying and hospice care.
Contemporary society attempts to ignore the reality of death. Unfortunately, this leaves many people unprepared and/or unwilling to handle the challenges faced when they, or their loved ones, receive a terminal diagnosis.
Written by Mark Schmidt, the Respect Life/Social Justice Director of the Archdiocese of Dubuque, “Into Your Hands Lord: A Catholic Companion to Dying and Hospice Care” is a simple guide to assist in the journey towards death and into new life. Grounded in the Passion of the Christ and Catholic teaching, this companion will assist families in discussing issues such as: artificial nutrition and hydration, pain medications, coping with the absence of a loved one, and various other aspects of the dying process.
A version of the book for a Christian (not specifically Catholic) audience is also available. If you’re interested contact email@example.com.
The book is available in this link: into_your_hands_lord_a-catholic-companion-to-dying-and-hosp
Article republishing is available from:
- Liguori Publications