7 TIPS ON CONTACTING YOUR REPRESENTATIVES
- Always be respectful and considerate. A rude or accusing tone won’t accomplish anything.
- Shorter is better, so keep your message clear and to the point.
- If you’re concerned about a specific bill then mention the bill number.
- Always identify yourself and give your address and contact information. As a voter in your district, your voice matters!
- Be specific! Precise facts or personal stories are much stronger than general, vague statements.
- Request a course of action, such as proposing a bill or voting for or against a piece of legislation.
- Thank them for taking the time to listen to your concerns.
So what are you waiting for? Let your representatives know! Contact a state senator, Iowa state official, or federal representative and let your voice be heard!